Nonylphenol (NP) and nonylphenol ethoxylates (NPEs) are produced in large volumes, with uses that lead to widespread release to the aquatic environment. NP is persistent in the aquatic environment, moderately bioaccumulative, and extremely toxic to aquatic organisms. NP has also been shown to exhibit estrogenic properties in in-vitro and in-vivo assays. NP’s main use is in the manufacture of NPEs. NP and NPEs have been found in environmental samples taken from freshwater, saltwater, groundwater, sediment, soil, and aquatic biota. NP has also been detected in human breast milk, blood, and urine and is associated with reproductive and developmental effects in rodents.
The levels typically found in raw milk are very low, but NPE residues can be concentrated during milk processing. Inexpensive screening tests have made testing of bulk tank milk and finished products quick, easy, affordable and increasingly common in foreign markets. Therefore, NPE use in milk has become a market barrier to dairy product exports.
We provide Nonylphenol ethoxylates, NPE Lateral flow method and ELISA-based kits to detect NPE in milk and milk powder samples.
- Ready to use ELISA kit based on Competitive Immunoassay
- Total time required only 75min
- Highly specific to NPEs, including NPE-4, NPE-7, NPE-10
- Applicable for milk and milk powder sample
- Ready to use rapid test kit based on competitive Immunoassay
- Sensitivity: 150ppb, ng/ml OR 200ppb, ng/ml
- Stability: 12 months when stored properly
- Total time required only 8min
- Applicable for milk, milk powder